Dishwasher job in Ventura
Job Title: Dishwasher
Reports to: Chef/Manager of the Café
Location: Ventura, California
The Dishwasher person is responsible for providing high volume dishwashing to the Café to ensure that food service runs cleanly and efficiently. Main responsibilities will include: dishwashing, cleaning, and general equipment maintenance. High standards of cleanliness and sanitation while moving through several dishes, pots and pans. This role requires some flexibility of hours but requires daily punctuality and attendance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for a large volume of dishes and food service wares and ensuring their complete cleanliness at all times. This includes upkeep of the dishwasher machine with necessary chemicals and maintenance.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Café space at all times, both in the kitchen and in the general dining space, according to Health Department standards of cleanliness and sanitation. This may include cleaning floor drains and broken wares.
- Deep cleaning of refrigerators, freezers and storage areas on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Assist with Catering set up, breakdown, and follow up as needed.
- Must exhibit strong teamwork skills and communication to ensure job is accomplished promptly and efficiently.
- Communicate with team or other departments as needed to fix equipment or order supplies.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, and carry for up to 50 feet.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Bending and lifting throughout the day.
- Ability to wash dishes for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a small physical space that can be loud at times.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
o 2+ years high volume dishwashing experience desired.
o Working knowledge of food safety and handling regulations.
o Excellent communication skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
o Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
o Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with coworkers, customers and vendors.