Security Program Specialist job in Portland, OR
Position Title: Security Program Specialist
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have any direct reports
Reports To: Operations Director
Pay Band C | Exempt
Position Description: Responsible for developing and maintaining an integrated and dynamic security and loss prevention program that effectively leverages internal and external security partners and technology in a way that reflects New Seasons Market mission, vision and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Understands and models company culture. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
* Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
* Embraces change and continuous improvement.
* Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
* Communication style is confident, informative, adaptive and effective, utilizing varied methods and active listening skills.
* Develops strong internal partnerships and contributes to a positive and collaborative work environment.
* Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
* Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
* Plans for the future by setting clear and attainable goals.
* Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
* Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
* Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
* Observes all store rules and policies as listed in the New Seasons Market Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official NSM document or manual.
* Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
* Understands, models and instills company culture. Communicates a clear vision. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
* Embraces and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
* Understands group dynamics in order to foster a positive and collaborative work environment. Develops strong internal partnerships.
Position Specific Functions
* Monitor security-related incident reporting, including loss prevention and perform appropriate follow up, coaching, etc.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to build and support loss prevention and security policies and processes aligned with NSM values.
* Develop and deliver security trainings.
* Trains and provides coaching and feedback to Customer Service & Safety Specialists (CSSS )in all stores. Supports department manager in performance management.
* Enhance and manage CSSS program and ensure staff have required compliance training.
* Partner with leaders across the organization to ensure policies and programs support a secure work environment.
* Manage external security vendor relationships.
* Ensure technology and equipment needed to maintain security, such as camera and security alarm systems, panic buttons and store access systems are utilized and effective.
* Partner with relevant organizations and law enforcement officials to align company efforts with community.
* Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Permits and Licenses: Valid driver license and vehicle. Oregon private security professional security certification.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
* Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
* Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
* Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
* Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, scanner video monitoring and security alarm systems, store access systems, communication devices such as walkie-talkie and panic buttons.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Must not have been convicted of a crime as outlined in the Oregon administrative rules for certification of a private security officer (259-060-0015).
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum of 4 years of security-related experience required.
* Prior experience in security program development strongly preferred.
* Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) executive manager license preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology/Criminal Justice or related fields preferred.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems.
* Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
* Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
* Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
* Ability to travel regularly to store locations and other sites throughout Portland metro area. Travel to Northern California or Seattle regions may be required.
* Medium work level
* Frequently required to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting frequently required.
* Continuously required to: use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
* Frequently required to: lift and carry 1-20 pounds; lift 21-50 pounds; bend/stoop; twist; reach at/above shoulder; reach below shoulder
* Occasionally required to: carry 21-50 pounds; push and/or pull 1-80 pounds; crouch/squat; kneel
* Seldom required to: crawl
* Frequency of climbing stairs and ladders dependent on location
* Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
* Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
* Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
* Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.