Senior Clinical Performance Consultant job in Portland
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente, founded in 1945, is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW)— made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,300 physicians and 150 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 34 medical offices and 2 hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C., (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
NWP is seeking a Senior Clinical Performance Consultant to join our Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development Department. The Senior Clinical Performance Consultant is responsible for coaching, training, and facilitating clinician communication process improvement efforts, and clinicians on clinical, technical efficiency, and communication performance on both an individual and group level. The Senior Performance Consultant will develop and deliver curriculum for clinicians of all levels and also work in collaboration with the Department of Medical Informatics to promote Healthconnect proficiency for all users. This position is responsible for building and sustaining improvement capability by synthesizing the critical elements of healthcare delivery into a framework designed to bolster the alignment of clinicians with the NWP mission.
Join us on our journey to become the best place to work and practice medicine.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- This position is responsible for coaching and training individual clinicians.
- The target population of this consultant will be identified by various sources including but not limited to Healthconnect Physician Efficiency Profile scores of 3 or less, Press Ganey scores, performance improvement plans, recommendations from Talent & Review meetings, and self-identified clinicians seeking assistance.
- This position focuses on catalyzing change by assessing and implementing results interventions that result in objective evidence of improved performance learning and development.
- Creates and conducts curriculum surrounding clinical communication and workflow consulting as a part of the CME & PD course offerings
- This position acts in a variety of capacities including, but not limited to, clinical performance consultant, project manager, and clinician-leader coach.
- This position will work with CME & PD and the Department of Medical Informatics (DMI) resources to identify and follow up with users of KP Healthconnect to ensure clinicians are maintaining the gains from coaching and training.
- This position partners with NWP Department of Medical Informatics (DMI) concerning the development of curriculum aimed at developing capacity in others to coach and mentor clinicians on the intersection of communication, Healthconnect workflow and efficiency.
- This partnership will lead to more sustainable solution to meet this need by having a pool of interested and trained clinicians to assist with coaching.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Physician Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Registered Nurse Degree (RN)
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional experience working in hospital, medical and/or health sciences settings
- Ten (10) years of clinical experience involving direct patient care
- Ten (10) years of successful experience working and partnering with physicians and clinicians
- Ten (10) years of experience successfully working as an adult educator in health care
- Has participated and completed professional development activities focusing on communication skills building
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience working in, health care delivery systems
- Demonstrates high levels of customer-focused service skills
- Demonstrates and coaches to effective facilitative leadership skills
- Ability to facilitate groups of all sizes and professional levels
- Ability to utilize, and to partner effectively with, all levels of Kaiser Permanente Health Plan staff
- Demonstrates a focus on results
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Must exhibit integrity, discretion, candor, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence