Team Leader Full-time (Be Fresh Local Market Kits)Team Leader Full-time (Be Fresh Local Market Kits) job in Vancouver
Be Fresh Local Market, cultivated by SPUD.CA is our retail division of cafes and markets within the beautiful city of Vancouver! Depending on whether you are in a market, or café, you could expect to find anything from pre-packaged, local, organic meals, smoothies, coffee drinks, and various hot food choices, to more of a mini market, where we sell unique products from local vendors and farmers! We place a high priority on customer service and building our team with people that have a passion for fresh local food and amazing customer service!
Be Fresh Local Market is looking for a Full-time Team Leader for our Be Fresh Local Market in Kisilano. This shift is TBA, must have open availability (mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, etc.)
We are growing and love to promote from within PLUS you will receive 20% off all our entire stock!
What you’ll do:
You are the person with the natural charm and smile, business know-how and communication skills to take any situation and turn it into a positive one. You will be the one knowledgeable about our products and food, have a good eye for keeping the Market Café in order and regularly updated to show off our unique and amazing groceries and fresh foods.
- Manage the Market Café team and coach them how to provide the best service possible for customers
- Ensure staff is taking appropriate breaks, and following established cafe procedures
- Follow barista guidelines, making the best coffee.
- Delegate tasks accordingly. When it’s slow get things done! When it’s busy maintain a full functioning cafe!
- Provide an amazing customer experience by trying to wow everyone that comes in our doors
- Do juice and fresh prep ordering
- Cash out cafe accurately and safely
- Help create a community vibe so people make us their regular, go-to for drinks, food and groceries
- Bank deposits
- Placing Spud order for next day
- Check and answer emails
- Handling float accurately
- Help Kitchen when needed
What you'll need
- Minimum 2 years’ team management experience
- Retail experience, merchandising experience is a plus! Make our lovely products shine!
- Passion to wow customers and do your best to make them happy
- Ability to resolve customer issues, troubleshoot and offer solutions
- Delegation ability. Staff needs to be a team that gets things done as a unit!
- Love for local, organic, sustainable food
- Barista experience a bonus
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.