Sr PeopleSoft SME job in Baltimore
Vacancy has expired
The Sr. PeopleSoft GL/AM specialist is a member of the Corporate technology team for Laureate Education, Inc. Responsible for configuring, and documenting technology solutions in this area of expertise. In this capacity, the Senior PeopleSoft specialist identifies gaps in technology solutions and operational needs, evaluates required course of action: deployment of new financial modules or changes within the global implementation standards. Supports project implementation activities by assisting in project scoping, identifying needs, communicating with customer and development teams, recording user preferences and feedback on prototypes. Supports pre-implementation activities by communicating with relationship managers, development team, and assisting with the management of projects from inception through completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in PeopleSoft project implementation using SDLC, covering all phases of development life cycle, from requirements, analysis, systems design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Assist in Peoplesoft production support issue resolution and batch scheduling.
- Define and conduct system tests and system validation for PeopleSoft Financial/Supply Chain system.
- Determine and document program development requirements for PeopleSoft Financial/Supply Chain system.
- Perform business analysis and develop technical documentation for all deliverables for PeopleSoft projects.
- Maintain global PeopleSoft batch schedules including third party scheduling applications.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting various PeopleSoft Financial Modules such as Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, Purchasing, General ledger and Asset Management.
- Provide technical and functional solutions for global production issues involving the PeopleSoft financials modules.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 5+ years of proven experience providing technology solutions for PeopleSoft financial systems
Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft financials modules: Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, Purchasing, General ledger and Asset Management
- Knowledge of financial processes required
- Experience in implementation, requirement gathering, design and testing PeopleSoft FSCM
- Experienced in working with Report Generation in PS Query, XMLP, PS/nVision and Crystal Reports
- Expertise in data conversion including the development of Conversion and Interface programs using SQR, Component Interface and Application Engine
- Experience with People Code, Process Scheduler, Data Mover, SQR, and Application Designer a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business needs and formulate technology solutions consistent with global corporate standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial process
- Ability to communicate well at different levels for effective scope control and timely project completion
- General knowledge of programming concepts
- Understanding of business process modeling
- Bilingual Spanish / English highly desired
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BA or BS degree in Engineering or Business Operations required
Sensitivity to Customer Needs
Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
Detail orientation, and the ability to record, organize, and communicate detail
A broad technical knowledge base, with the ability and desire to keep informed of emerging technology.
A propensity and willingness to learn new technologies