Inside Sales Rep / Customer Support Specialist job in Portland
GladRags is a woman-owned small business with big ideas: our mission is to positively transform the experience of menstruation through reusable menstrual products and relevant education. From our office in Portland, Oregon, we ship comfortable, thoughtfully-designed cloth pads and menstrual cups to customers all over the world. Our menstrual cup, XO Flo, and full range of cloth pad styles provide menstruators of all types with body-friendly, versatile options that they can rely on for years. We're proud to be a certified Benefit Corporation since 2012 and put our company values of inclusivity, curiosity, and positivity into the very heart of the GladRags brand.
GladRags is seeking an upbeat, positive sales professional to join our small team. We sell online directly to consumers and through distributors to retail sales partners across the country. This position is responsible for generating new sales of our products to grocery and retail stores as well as providing excellent customer service to consumers of our products via phone and email. The ability to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities for sales growth, and manage key customer accounts is a must! We're looking for a natural problem-solver who can exercise their own judgement to make informed, wise decisions and can prioritize urgent tasks without forgetting about less time-sensitive issues. The ideal candidate has an outgoing, charismatic personality that comes across through phone calls and emails.
- Achieve monthly sales goals by conducting outbound sales calls to existing and prospective natural, specialty, and grocery retail accounts.
- Develop solid rapport and customer relationships through maintenance calls to existing retail accounts, and look for opportunities for growth.
- Make up to 40 outbound sales calls or around 2 hours of calls per workday.
- Keep key contacts at retail accounts abreast of new products, promotions, and marketing strategies.
- Maintain and update records and account information in CRM.
- Answer consumer questions about products and orders via phone and email.
- Assist consumers with product usage queries and comfortably discuss menstruation and the use of our products.
- Maintain exemplary customer care behavior, including attention to detail and an emphasis on follow-up.
- Process website customer returns.
- Answer incoming communications (both phone and email) and address inquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend to customer complaints and listen to customer's explanation of problem; take appropriate actions to ensure that customers problems are solved.
- Professionally represent GladRags to consumers and distributors in alignment with our mission and values.
You know you're the right fit if:
You have excellent communication skills
You are a stellar verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. You easily develop professional relationships over the phone and communicate effectively and persuasively. You're a good listener who genuinely cares about helping others, and it shows!
You have proven sales experience
You're assertive and self-motivated, with proven success in sales. You're confident and comfortable cold-calling potential retail partners and talking about menstrual products. Experience in the natural products industry or wholesale sales experience is a plus!
You are systematic & organized
You're extremely organized and love a systematic approach. An excellent note-taker, you never fail to follow up and follow through. You love setting goals and developing plans to achieve them. Your to-do list is organized, detailed, and you budget your time wisely to get it all done.
You are computer savvy
You're efficient and comfortable using basic applications including email, password management systems, Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. Experience with Zoho CRM is a plus.
You're enthusiastic about working at GladRags
You're highly adaptable and a quick learner. You're eager to contribute and excited to grow. You have a sense of humor and an enthusiasm for life, along with a passion for our mission of positively transforming the experience of menstruation through reusable menstrual products. Bonus: you have personal experience with our products!
Why work at GladRags?
- Playful & laid back atmosphere (office dogs welcome) in a charming workspace
- Work/life balance encouraged and actively supported
- We're a certified B Corporation – we value people & planet as much as profit
- Collaborative & supportive small team that loves what we do
- Our office is located in the heart of the fun SE Division neighborhood near many local restaurants, coffee shops, and major bus lines.
32 hours per week
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (includes half hour unpaid lunch)
* Some flexibility with scheduling
Compensation & benefits:
Salaried, $14 - $17 per hour depending on experience + profit share
Paid holidays + vacation + sick days
To apply, please email your resume as an attachment (PDF preferred) and answer the following questions in the body of your email:
1. How will your previous sales experience translate to success at GladRags?
2. Why are you passionate about reusable menstrual products?
GladRags is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.