Local Finds and Special Events Manager job in Portland, OR
Vacancy has expired
Position Title: Local Finds and Special Events Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for supervising others.
Reports To: Partner Brand / Local Finds Manager
Pay Band D | Exempt
Position Description: Provides project management and program support for Local Finds, third party initiatives, in-store events and chef collaborations. Manages vendor and store communication and supports new product/program development to ensure successful launches and ongoing execution. Measures and communicates new product/program results and makes recommendations to start, stop, continue or evolve programs. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Understands models and instills company culture. Communicates a clear vision. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
* Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
* Embraces and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
* Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
* Communication style is confident, informative, adaptive and effective, utilizing varied methods and active listening skills.
* Understands group dynamics in order to foster a positive and collaborative work environment. Develops strong and engaged teams and internal partnerships.
* Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
* Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
* Plans for the future by setting clear and attainable goals.
* Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
* Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
* Promotes opportunities for the professional growth of others.
* Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
* Observes all store rules and policies as listed in the New Seasons Market Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official NSM document or manual.
* Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
- Coordinates multiple projects that will support Local Finds, in-store events, third party initiatives, and chef collaborations.
- Works directly with Marketing on item and initiative launches for in store and digital support
- Drives chef collaboration, Feast partnership, and other third party initiatives.
- Assists with review of new items, vendor outreach and follow-up on producer inquiries about Local Finds.
- Leads project planning and implementation plans for new item launches, promotions and in-store marketing strategies.
- Leads growth of Green Wheels program and third party delivery systems to support in market and out of market stores.
- Works closely with Merchandising Directors and PCM’s to drive Local Finds program growth, including shelf placement/schematics, sku rationalization and general program guidelines.
- Supports process improvement initiatives to improve project execution and communication.
- Maintains an updated contact list and distribution grid for local products in all stores.
- Identifies, provides support for and reports progress on key initiatives with cross-functional teams.
- Ensures timely execution of project assignment and fulfills established objectives.
- Builds and nurtures strong partnerships with our local producers and suppliers.
- Attends local trade events, food shows and farmers markets as a representative of New Seasons.
- Supports Partner Brands initiatives as needed.
- Makes decisions with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Performs administrative duties specific to department such as conducting research, updating databases, data gathering and reporting.
- Prioritizes and executes multiple tasks and responsibilities while being interrupted with new and/or shifting priorities.
- Works with cross functional teams to understand objectives, monitor timelines and priorities and help identify roadblocks to the successful implementation of initiatives.
- Develops plans to drive store facing initiative and programs forward.
- Leverages systems to support planning and communication tasks. E.g. Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Category Analyzer, Aptaris and Retalix.
- Acts as point on special projects as assigned.
Required Permits and Licenses: Food Handler’s card, OLCC permit, valid driver’s license.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
- Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in food service and project management required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Culinary or Hospitality or related fields or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience coordinating and executing large-scale events preferred.
- Strong connection to the local food community, chefs and culinary world in general. Strong understanding of the local food system a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems.
- Proven experience driving and executing strategic initiatives and projects that achieve measurable business results.
- Demonstrated aptitude to work at both a strategic/conceptual level as well as a tactical/implementation level.
- Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required, with ability to travel regularly to store locations, trade shows and other off-site locations throughout West Coast (up to 30% of the time).
- Light work level
- Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
- Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
- Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
- Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
- Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change. Page | 1