Kitchen Assistant Part-time (Be Fresh Local Market Kits)Kitchen Assistant Part-time (Be Fresh Local Market Kits) job in Vancouver
Be Fresh Local Market, cultivated by SPUD.CA is our retail division of cafes and markets within the beautiful city of Vancouver! Depending on the location, you can expect to find anything from speciality coffee drinks, on-tap kombucha, freshly prepared & vibrant on-the-go meals, to a smaller market stocked with organic groceries and cool local vendors. We hire nice people, who thrive on providing authentic, and special customer service experiences, and connecting with the community. If you have a passion for delicious, organic food, supporting local, and living sustainably- apply now to join our team!
Be Fresh Local Market is looking for a Part-time Kitchen Assistant for our Be Fresh Local Market CYPRESS, Kitsilano (1900 West 1st Avenue). This shift is TBA.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Who you are: not a chef, but a food enthusiast. This is a straightforward prep cook job. It involves chopping, prepping, blending and more chopping!
What you’ll do (depending on the shift):
- Prep soup ingredients for the following day. This may include researching recipes to taking advantage of wasted produce, chopping veggies, and making stocks.
- Prep protein smoothies for next day sale.
- Prep breakfast sandwiches, muesli bowls, chia puddings and other new items.
- Manage kitchen procedures to ensure cleanliness, safety and security.
- Toss salads and grill wraps for evening customers.
- Have fun with an amazing crew of team members who work hard.
Our compensation package consists of
- $12.00-12.50 per hour + tips
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca and Be Fresh!
What you'll need
- Excitement to work with the team, but also happy working alone and accomplishing tasks quickly.
- Proactivity to take care of keeping the kitchen in order.
- Creativity to think of any ways we can improve the kitchen, we are still new!
- Working knowledge of food safety, including first in first out (FIFO) procedures is an asset.
- Passion for local, organic, sustainable food and products.
- Ability to maintain a high level of service awareness at all times so we show that we are the best!
- A positive attitude and glowing smile to charm our customers.
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.