Customer Care Rep Full-timeCustomer Care Rep Full-time job in Vancouver
Vacancy has expired
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for two Full-time Customer Care Representative for our Vancouver, BC head office (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Sunday- Thursday 11:30 am- 8:00 pm OR Sunday- Thursday 9:00- 5:30 pm.
We are growing and love to promote from within so this role is one of the ways to get your foot in the door at SPUD and really show your skills not only in customer service, but other areas that might apply within the company!
What you’ll do
Customer Care Representatives are the front line of SPUD.ca and are the main point of contact for our customers. Being an online business, most of our customer communication comes through phone calls, emails and website comments. In a nutshell, you’re a part of the team that makes our customers giddy with joy after communicating with SPUD!
- Provide an amazing level of care in every customer interaction, going above and beyond SPUD’s 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Answer customer phone calls and emails about a variety of different topics, including technical issues, account requests and product information. You will be the person a customer contacts if any question or query pops into their head!
- Communicate feedback to the various teams concerning what our customers are saying and how we can improve our service. We want our customers to be deliriously happy with SPUD!
- Check daily reports, and ensure that any issues are dealt with for the upcoming day, including address and payment information, product shorts or substitutions, etc., and ensuring every box of food going out is 100% perfect.
- Participate in daily huddles company-wide, to be able to identify system issues and celebrate successes.
Our compensation package consists of
- $15.00 per hour to start
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- Two weeks' vacation for one year of employment (4% accrual)
What you'll need
- Call centre phone and email experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of service awareness at all times to make sure customers remember us positively.
- Excellent writing skills with correct punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- A positive attitude and enthusiastic demeanor.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, cross-functional teams, producers and farmers.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Typing speed of minimum 45 wpm (you will be tested during the interview process).
- Alignment with our core values.
- Experience in the Natural Food industry is an advantage.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and work as a team to complete other tasks, as required.
- Awareness of urgency and prioritizing.
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.