Finance Intern job in Baltimore
Vacancy has expired
Finance Intern – Job Description
With presence in 28 countries and serving more than 1,000,000 students worldwide, Laureate Education is the leading provider of post-secondary education on an international scale. The company is dedicated to helping its students reach their highest potential and supporting their achievement of personal and professional goals. Laureate brings to its universities and students a global perspective blended with a local point of view, creating a truly multicultural, career-oriented educational experience.
Laureate Education is searching for a university student for an internship position within Laureate’s Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Finance, Global Treasury and/or regional finance departments, depending upon the specific needs of the Company. The optimal candidate is a bright and responsible professional that can make an immediate impact on the company’s ability to provide valuable financial services and insights to business and functional leadership on a global basis. The Finance Intern has as her/his primary responsibility assisting with analysis associated with strategic plans, such as: M&A activities across the Laureate Network, new campuses or campus expansions, long range plans, budgets and forecasts, liquidity projections, free cash flow and working capital forecasts, corporate capital structure, and other such critical initiatives. The Finance Intern supports a cross-functional team of senior level finance and business development professionals in conducting operational, financial, or valuation analysis. Working under supervision, the intern will analyze and review financial and operational related data.
This internship will be full-time in the summer of 2016. This position will be based at Laureate’s corporate headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. Benefits of the Finance Internship for Laureate Education include exposure to a large multicultural, international company, competitive pay, housing stipend, and access to corporate events. Laureate’s corporate office is situated conveniently in downtown Baltimore, and only a short drive to Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia, PA.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Executive presence with ability to develop effective working relationships and influence people across functions, geographies, and all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- English fluency required and fluency in other language(s) is desirable (Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin preferred).
- Interest in gaining international experience in regions such as Latin America, Asia and Europe.
- Expecting to earn a master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a related graduate degree program within the next 2 years.
- Prior experience in financial reporting and modeling, financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, valuation, and/or business development is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environments.