Lead Associate, Techstars Atlanta in Partnership with Cox Enterprises job
As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode! You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – to get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s the chance to get amazing experience, to broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and to get exposure to some of the greatest up-and-coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most Associates end up employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months of the accelerator program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
The Lead Associate is tasked with the success of a particular Techstars program. This opportunity is an immense amount of responsibility and requires a high level of execution, as the Lead Associate works side-by -side with the accelerator staff.
The Lead Associate should be a demonstrated self-started, and will be instrumental in decisions that are critical to the accelerator program's success. This role is responsible for the planning and execution of the program, spanning the pre-program setup stage and throughout the duration of the program. Project management experience as well as familiarity with the early-stage venture-backed companies and Atlanta technology ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. This role is a temporary, full-time position with Techstars.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings, and events that drive them toward success
- Manage relationships with mentors through scheduling and written/oral communications
- Calendar management (mentors, talks, events, general programming)
- Plan various events throughout the program (Founder stories, weekly meetings, Demo Day, influential speakers)
- Aid the Director in the prospecting of 4 - 5 contractors to support the accelerator companies
- Innovate our current practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- Experience in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Proven experience producing high-quality communications (written and oral)
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – Lead Associates work with accelerator companies and wipe down tables!
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Jay Kapoor - My Summer as a Techstars NYC Associate
- Dirk Lehmann - Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald - Learn More Faster
- Anthony Marnell - Techstars New York: A Reflection
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with a market cap of $8.1 billion.