Accounting Manager/Controller job in Culver City
Dogeared was born on the beautiful beaches of Southern California in 1991. Founder Marcia Maizel-Clarke believed jewelry could be both beautiful and meaningful. The jewels are simple, modern and versatile, inspired by California’s free spirited, natural beauty. Each piece tells a story celebrating individuality, self-expression, love, and friendship. Dogeared’s unique jewels regularly appear on celebrities on and off the red carpet, as well as in fashion and lifestyle publications, movies and TV.
Dogeared lives by the philosophy that what goes around comes around, and strives to make a positive impact by handcrafting everything in the USA, being kind to the planet, and partnering with non-profit organizations who share their vision of a better world. Dogeared is a certified B-Corporation, joining a community dedicated to using business as a force of good and reaffirming Dogeared’s commitment to 'B the change.'
Position Title: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager would be responsible for all accounting operations, including period-end close, AP and AR, cash management, managing third party firms (e.g., audit and tax), and implementing internal controls for GAAP-compliant financial statements.
This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Update cash flow forecasting, budgeting and sales tax reporting.
- Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Ensure all deadlines are met for invoices, checks, funds transfers and credit card payments.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close.
- Maintain integrity of accounting records and reports in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop documented policies and procedures for all accounting operations.
- Work with the executive team to help advance the accounting systems and create efficiencies.
- Oversee the daily processes within Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll to ensure needs of the business are met timely and accurately.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and assist with projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting.
- 3+ managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience, plus seven years of accounting experience.
- Experience in consolidations and Intercompany Transactions is required.
- Experience in Inventory Production Acctg/Reporting is required.
- Strong understanding of GAAP / Accrual basis of accounting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting systems.
- Payroll experience is a plus.
- Proficient in oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, fast changing environment.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to accuracy of data.
- High level of accountability.
Dogeared is an Equal Opportunity Employer