Manager, Strategy & Growth job in Toronto
BlueDot is composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of scientists, mavericks, data geeks, design thinkers and do-gooders united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease. In today’s highly connected world the global population has become increasingly vulnerable to infectious disease and the devastating impact of an outbreak.
We generate cutting-edge data analysis, proprietary technology and actionable knowledge in the service of preventing, detecting, and mitigating a number of today’s most pressing global health issues. Drawing from a range of expertise – epidemiology, medicine, ecology, mathematical modeling, geospatial analytics, data science & engineering, design, and development – BlueDot applies human and machine-driven analytics to big data, generates insights from it, and translates these insights into digestible products and services.
Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer).
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.
Manager, Strategy & Growth
BlueDot has built its core business over the past four years serving the world’s leading Centers for Disease Control and global public health organizations such as the WHO. While we will continue to deliver bleeding edge technology and solutions for these groups, we are simultaneously adapting our offerings for new segments where there is strong market demand.
To this end, we are looking for an all-star Strategy & Growth Manager to drive BlueDot’s growth strategy. This will include evaluating a broad set of opportunities that have been identified, and deciding where to prioritize and place bets to drive growth, profitability, and impact. We have deep experience in offering our flagship (web application) product in the government space as well as consulting in the re-insurance space, but our organization and offerings are quickly evolving and are facing a pivotal moment in our growth. We need that special someone to help a pioneering company expand its reach.
What you’ll be doing:
Driving BlueDot’s product and market mix strategy. This will entail identifying where and how we place our bets as a company, and will include a focus on:
- Market segmentation;
- Identifying & sizing value levers
- Prioritizing & sequencing opportunities
- Defining the product pricing strategy
- Operationalizing the strategy will involve working closely with our internal Product and Business Development team for optimized delivery.
In addition to the above, the role could include:
- Collaborating on the fundraising process if/when BlueDot raises another round of outside investment. This would be primarily focused on financial growth forecasts. In addition, this may include identifying target investors;
- Leading and executing strategic operational projects.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is excited at the opportunity to work on analyses and insights that will shape the strategy of a company that’s making an impact
- Has outstanding core business skills
- Has excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Has exceptional structured problem-solving experience and abilities
- Is a superb communicator
- Is driven by purpose and has a background in an area of health. Whether that be: healthcare, biotech, medtech, pharma, public health, etc.
- Has a high attention to accuracy and detail because you know the details matter
- Is curious and passionate about continuous learning
Schedule: Full-time, permanent.
Work Location: 209 Victoria St., Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please apply with your resume and a cover letter that outlines why your skills, experience and values would make you an excellent candidate for the Product Manager role at BlueDot.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
*BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.