Logistics Assistant/Driver job in Hamilton
We are currently looking for a Logistics Assistant & Driver to pick up and deliver textbooks to our Hamilton fulfillment centre. This is a full time position to replace another employee on disability leave.
We’re a social company first and we want someone to not only do the required work, but become part of our close-knit team. If you’re looking to work for a social enterprise in an independent workspace with great opportunity for growth, then this is the job you’ve been searching for!
About Textbooks for Change:
Textbooks for Change is a social venture and B Corp that provides affordable and accessible educational material to students both locally and abroad.
We repurpose used textbooks to create social impact and improve the educational landscape for students around the world. We do this by:
- Donating thousands of post-secondary textbooks to East African universities annually.
- Selling affordable used textbooks to North American students and using proceeds to help fund student-led impact initiatives.
- Diverting thousands of textbooks from landfills by recycling them efficiently.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibility of the Logistics Assistant & Driver is driving to various post-secondary and partner institutions in Southern Ontario to collect donated textbooks. Once donations are collected, they are delivered back to our Hamilton fulfilment centre where they will be scanned and sorted into inventory or donated to East African universities.
After some time learning routes and the pickups schedule and process, the Logistics Assistant & Driver will be given some responsibility for scheduling their own pickups and communicating with partner organizations.
- Pick up and deliver donated textbooks
- Load and unload textbooks from van
- Track trip information such as vehicle mileage, cargo quantity, and any problems
- Minor warehouse duties (building up and packaging pallets for shipment)
- Perform light maintenance on dropboxes (materials will be provided)
- Report to logistics manager, maintaining clear communication channels and alerting logistics manager of any problems, concerns, questions, suggestions, etc.
- Overnight stays may occasionally be required for pickups in some regions
Qualifications and Skills
- Passionate about social change
- Valid G license
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to read maps and GPS
- Experience driving a cargo van
- Able to repeatedly lift and load 60-70 lb boxes into van
- Customer-service oriented—must maintain a professional relationship with partners
- Responsible, reliable, and organized
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with university and college campuses
- Must be legally allowed to work in the province of Ontario
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to:
with "Logistics Assistant" and your name in the subject line. In addition, once submitting your resume please go to https://goo.gl/forms/AEH1reBOGQhEv4e23 and fill out the short questionairre.