Drip Arts Outreach Specialist job in New York City
Vacancy has expired
From Pope.L’s Flint Water project to the Royal Academy’s Ai Weiwei exhibition to Ugo Rondinone’s Seven Magic Mountains in the Nevada desert, Kickstarter has been home to some of the most inspired creative projects around the globe. Kickstarter is seeking an Arts Outreach Specialist to continue this exciting community-building work on our newly launched platform, Drip. The ideal candidate is passionate about the arts and eager to help more of it exist in the world.
About the Team
The Community Outreach team focuses on engaging with creators in the global creative communities we serve. We act as authorities and advocates in our fields. Managing a large portfolio of relationships, we inspire creators to use Kickstarter/Drip to support their creative work. We are a team of entrepreneurial individuals who are action-oriented and believe deeply in the importance of creative independence.
About the Role
In this role, your primary directive is to build, sustain, and deepen Drip’s relationships within global Art communities. You will guide Drip creators selected by the Director of Arts by walking them through the onboarding process, providing resources as needed, and coaching new creators on best practices. A self-disciplined product manager, you will organize your workflow around a myriad of projects and conversations, and then communicate that pipeline actionably across other teams where relevant.
In This Role, You Will:
- Confidently and seamlessly collaborate with creators, guiding them through the process of brainstorming and creating their Drip accounts.
- Identify any templates, documentation, or other resources needed by creators and then create those assets.
- Act as a ongoing point of contact for our Drip creators. You’ll answer their questions, help them troubleshoot, and identify opportunities for additional engagement (editorial features, events, etc).
- Communicate across other teams within the organization, keeping stakeholders in the loop on incoming creators and Drip launches.
- Research the Arts field, identifying potential organizations and individuals to bring on to the Drip platform.
- You are a capable and quick writer who communicates clearly and comprehensively.
- You have a strong understanding of Kickstarter’s ethos, understanding not only where Kickstarter and Drip are currently situated in the art world but how we might develop in the future.
- You have a background in the arts with a working familiarity of its institutions, individuals (both established and up-and-coming), and the ins-and-outs of artistic practice.
- You are detail-oriented, comfortable with administrative tasks, and willing to roll your sleeves up.
- You are enthusiastic, creative, and willing to take initiative/direction.