Cost Accountant job in San Francisco
Vacancy has expired
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The Cost Accountant ensures that all of our beautiful products (from hand soap to laundry detergent) and the components that make them up (from naturally derived surfactants to recycled bottles and caps) are costed and counted accurately. The role requires someone with attention to detail, who will make sure that our accounting records reflect the inventory movements and activities at our warehouses and manufacturing sites. As part of the Supply Chain Finance team, you’ll participate in important business activities, such as setting annual standard costs, and identifying and communicating drivers of cost variances to your business partners on a monthly basis.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Analyze receipts, production, and in-transit inventory for accuracy, and reconcile balances to the general ledger.
- Proactively identify and resolve posting errors while implementing processes to prevent future errors.
- Post all inventory transactions accurately and timely for several of our third-party manufacturers.
- Function as the liaison between warehouses, co-packers and operations team in resolving issues.
- Assist in the planning and execution of an annual physical inventory count.
- Train third party warehouses and manufacturers on entry posting into our ERP system.
- Review BOM’s, ensuring accurate product costing and establishing standard costs for new SKUs, workingclosely with Supply Chain team.
- Assist the execution of the annual standard cost change.
- Analyze variance accounts, working with Accounts Payable team and Supply Chain team to explain variances.
- Create Journal Entries to properly account for Inventory, COGS, and freight/warehouse costs at month-end
Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- minimum of two years cost accounting experience in a consumer product manufacturing or similar environment
- experience working in a fully-integrated ERP/GL system
- strong Excel skills
- demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business
- understanding of cost accounting and tracking inventory movements through an integrated ERP system
- a drive for accuracy and understanding of how the details impact the bigger picture
- strong desire to pursue proactive process improvement
- professional and clear communication skills
- very well-organized with a strong attention to detail
- a positive and nimble attitude is key for this fast-paced collaborative environment (juggling skills a plus!).
college degree, preferably in accounting
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of theways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, non-exempt (hourly)
REPORTS TO: Cost Accounting Manager