Sr. Production Artist job in San Francisco
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
We are currently seeking an experienced packaging production artist to join the method creative team. While the primary focus will be on packaging production, the job will also include lending a hand with in-store experiences, collateral print and various internal projects. He/she will collaborate with the Creative Director and the Creative team, as well as the other partners within the organization to bring high quality packaging to shelf. This person will be an integral part of the creative studio working closely with other production artists, project managers + graphic designers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop print ready production mechanicals based on design files
- Coordinate with cross functional team members to ensure technical and schedule requirements are met
- Effectively communicate with the creative team while building the files and work dilligently at meeting our high quality standards
- Attend weekly creative studio scheduling meeting with creative team + weekly commercialization team meetings to coordinate production schedules
- Manage print vendors + oversee printing quality to ensure concepts are executed to perfection
- Attend press checks
- Partner with brand experience team in developing assets for in store, collateral print + other internal projects
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
5+ years hands on production experience, at least 3 years in packaging
A deep understanding of print processes, including experience with silkscreening and shrink wrap
Strong layout skills to extend design concept to finished art
Familiarity with package engineering and the ability to work with in-house product development
Photoshop skills including light retouching
A strong thinker, detail oriented + a nimble problem solver,
An effective communicator to engage regularly with your team members + external vendors on progress + deadlines
An enthusiasm for the geeky side of print and production
A positive attitude with a resourceful, self starter approach
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of theways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time
REPORTS TO: Creative Operations Director
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!