Software Engineer (Front-End) job in Los Angeles
The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in a digital re-imagination of our front-end technology stack
- Work in our scrum teams to help create an effective, nimble software team
- Diagnose debug and refactor existing code to create software that is long term maintainable
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- You love creating high quality interactive web experiences
- You are always excited about both sharing your skillset with your co-workers as well as learning from them
- You are passionate about creating maintainable software
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree (computer science or relevant degree) or equivalent experience required
- Fluent in reading code, both good and terrible
- Strong *nix skills (Linux, FreeBSD, and/or Mac OS X preferred)
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive web design
Bonus points for:
- E-Commerce experience
- Experience building progressive web apps
- Experience with Major CMS/C-Commerce platforms like AEM or demandware