Packaging Technology Specialist job in Chicago
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
It may look like we just make soap, but there is so much more than meets the eye. Our operations team is on a mission to create the most flexible, sustainable, and cost-effective supply chain for our colorful array of products and you will get to play a critical role in this. How exactly will you do this? You will be responsible for efficiently executing technical qualifications of packaging components and supporting scale-up of existing filling and packaging operations at alternative third party manufacturers. As our Packaging Technology Specialist, you will enable our ability to deliver cost improvements and give us ultimate flexibility in supply to help weather any storm that comes our way. We can’t wait to have you onboard!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support procurement sourcing strategies through assessment of secondary qualification and optimization opportunities for packaging components. Prioritize technical evaluations to optimize savings.
- Execute qualification and validation of optimized packaging components and alternate decoration methods (bottles, triggers, labels, shrink sleeves, screen-printing, etc) to deliver cost savings.
- Support the scale-up and trial plans for optimized components or decoration methods at existing filling and packaging operations to ensure successful commercialization.
- Update packaging related specifications, finished product manuals and ongoing management of data accuracy in project lifecycle management software.
- Travel as needed to support projects.
- Work reception once a month.*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 3-5 years of packaging, plant-scale filling and scale-up experience in cleaning, personal care or related products field
- Working knowledge of packaging and filling processes across related industry equipment specifications and suppliers
- Experience in liquid fill manufacturing environments
- Experience and knowledge of scale-up and manufacturing best practices, with a focus on troubleshooting, optimization, and safety
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong ‘hands on’ approach to projects
- Ability to analyze data and assimilate relevant data into recommendations and decisions.
- High proficiency with computer systems and software applications
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or related field
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
HOURS: full time, salaried exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Global Procurement