Compliance Specialist job in Mesa
Perlman & Perlman, LLP, based in New York City, is one of the nation’s leading law firms serving nonprofits, foundations, professional fundraisers, cause-marketing partners, social enterprises and for-profit companies engaged in philanthropy. Our scope includes traditional nonprofit legal matters to evolving areas of the law such as social enterprise, corporate philanthropy and nonprofit fundraising via the Internet.
Founded more than fifty years ago, the business has experienced substantial growth with the expansion of the nonprofit sector. Consequently, we boast one of the industry’s leading nonprofit fundraising registration and compliance departments.
The Compliance Specialist is situated in the Registration and Compliance Department located in our Mesa, Arizona office. The ideal candidate is bright, energetic, reliable, a great organizer of work, a spirited team player, and capable of interfacing with clients independently. He or she will demonstrate good common sense and judgment and is able to multi-task, learn and partner with his or her colleagues and managers to provide excellent support and service to our clients.
Perform diverse administrative tasks and compliance and registration services to clients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the liaison between federal and state agencies and client to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and laws;
- Establish, maintain, and manage accurate and up-to-date client documents, records and reports;
- Communicate with firm attorneys regarding client matters as they relate to registration and compliance requirements;
- Prepare, submit, and manage all required state forms necessary for client registration and regulatory compliance;
- Monitor state deadlines and filing for extensions as necessary;
- Review contracts and written disclosures for accuracy;
- Timely respond to client requests, inquiries and concerns;
- Communicate with state officials to clarify outstanding registration or compliance issues;
- Track and enter client expenses into billing software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3-4 years experience in an administrative role or executive office setting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to embrace technology and work in a detail-oriented, diligent and flexible manner;
- Task-oriented with excellent sense of prioritization, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and to work under pressure. Able to handle conflicting time demands and focus on task completion with minimal direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
- Highest levels of personal integrity and adherence to ethical standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Use of CRM software a plus.
- Bachelor Degree; Paralegal Certificate from an A.B.A. accredited program or relevant work experience.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a cover letter, inclusive of salary requirement, and resume. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter inclusive of salary requirement.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received. No phone calls or visits please.