Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) job in Los Angeles
The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
The Honest Company is looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to help us in our mission of delivering safe affordable products to current and future customers. We're looking for someone who is excited about simplifying software systems, continuously improving code quality, and who can get their hands dirty learning and improving different parts of our software stack.
What you’ll do:
- Integrate third party systems to our homegrown technology systems, empowering Honest engineers to create software that uniquely differentiates the Honest Company
- Contribute to application development across all levels of our software stack from API development in Golang to integration work in Ruby and Mulesoft to frontend work in Angular
- Improve our existing homegrown systems through refactoring, monitoring and redesign
- Build technology that ensures that our accounting and warehouse operations execute flawlessly, are monitored and can recover from errors
You'll love this job if you're:
- Able to solve and define unconstrained problems, but are not afraid to ask for help and clarification when you run into a roadblock.
- Excited to share your technical knowledge with others, and also love listening and understanding your team’s concerns and points of view.
- Not afraid of legacy code and are excited to improve it, but are also able to effectively work with business priorities and stakeholders, understanding that not not all refactoring is a priority right away.
- Flexible. You can change direction quickly and easily adapt to curveballs.
- A confident, dynamic team player. You’ll build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Are a true polyglot, at home in multiple languages and love writing code that blends in seamlessly with the frameworks and languages you’re writing in.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related focus
- 5+ years experience in professional software development, either via internships or in a full-time capacity
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong willingness and ability to consider edge cases - both code runtime and business edge cases. Think/design/review before you code.
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience cohesively integrating disparate systems
- Prior experience with e-commerce systems and their domain models