Dental Informatics EPIC Application Coordinator job in Portland
The Dental Informatics EPIC Application Coordinator serves as a member of the joint KP/PDA Dental Informatics Department and works collaboratively in support of the initiatives of the Knowledge Management Committee (CKM), Associate Director of Informatics Technology and Health Plan Director of Informatics. This role provides ongoing support of clinical systems development, implementation, training, system testing, creation of support tools, creation and building of clinical content and identification of enhancements to ensure ongoing success.
- Serves as a member of the joint KP/PDA Dental Informatics Department and works collaboratively within the department to support the initiatives of the Knowledge Management Committee (CKM), dentist training, and the clinical aspects of EPIC.
- Provides support and assists in the development and implementation of Wisdom content including, but not limited to: build of clinical content, testing of updates, assessing gaps, building tools to optimize clinical systems and ongoing monitoring and support.
- Collaborates with CKM Committee and Medical Informatics subject matter experts to define needs and facilitate decisions.
- Provides direct support to the CKM Committee which includes, but is not limited to; documenting and tracking requests, capturing minutes and action items and performing follow up and communications as needed, at the discretion and direction of the CKM Chair.
- Supports the development of training materials and delivers new hire dentist training during onboarding. Provides update training, as well as individual dentist training for special needs, as needed.
- Provides ongoing management of clinical content including collaborating with champions and IT Wisdom Application Coordinators, managing requests, building content, documenting content changes, as well as implementation and communication of changes, including related training materials.
- Participate as member of the implementation team for all Dental Informatics software.
- Supports Associate Director of Informatics Technology, Head of the CKM team and Health Plan Director of Informatics as needed.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships with the PDA Board of Directors, the PDA Leadership Team, dentists, Medical Informatics, KFHP administration and peers.
- Provides project management, including timely status reports, as needed and appropriate to support Informatics Technology work.
- Supports other strategic initiatives for PDA as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- BA or BS or 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Epic Content Build.
- Proven project management skills in the development and implementation of information technology related areas.
- Ambulatory Epic Certified in 3 months of hire and Wisdom Certified in 6 months.
- Strong MS Office suite, solid presentation and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to problem solve in a customer service manner.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Advanced degree in medical informatics or computer science.
- Experience in dental/health care field.
- Proficient with building and configuring Wisdom application content and functionality.
- Ambulatory Epic Certified.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Proficient in Epic or other clinical information system.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, SharePoint and One Note.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large complex projects, create strategic partnerships, strong organizational, budgeting, decision making, and facilitation skills. Possesses the ability to improve business and information processes to achieve optimal effectiveness.