Driver Part-time (Sundays)Driver Part-time (Sundays) job in Calgary
Vacancy has expired
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for a Part-time Driver for our Calgary, AB location (#3 3200 14th Avenue NE). The shift is Sundays 2:00- 10:00 pm.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Drive around sunny (or snowy!) Calgary, listening to your music and making deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Read delivery instructions carefully, especially where to leave bins.
- Pick up any empty bins, cryomats, ice packs, etc. and put them in the designated areas of the warehouse, at the end of the delivery.
- Provide our customers with a great experience when they interact with you! You are the face of the company, we receive a ton of positive feedback about our wonderful drivers!
- Be happy working with limited supervision in a role where you will directly impact our community.
- Take initiative and be willing to assist others as necessary, be happy to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Complete driver checklist accurately and legibly.
Our compensation package consists of
- $15.00 per hour to start
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
What you'll need
- A Driver’s License, and clean driving record for the past 5 years.
- Ability and willingness to comfortably drive in all types of weather, displaying excellent driving skills.
- Familiarity with surrounding areas is preferred.
- A warm and engaging personality, displaying exceptional customer service!
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, our customers love their bins of groceries!
- Willingness to work flexible hours and do other pick-ups as required.
At SPUD, our goal is to create relationships with amazing farmers, ranchers, fishermen/women, bakers, and artisans to make it easier for our customers to have the freshest ingredients and products, delivered to their home or office, or available for pick-up, at one of our markets/cafes. We believe that food should be healthy, so we partner with producers and farmers who you can trust; real people who have integrity, respect our environment, care about our community, value sustainable farming practices, and believe in the humane treatment of animals.
The SPUD family of companies includes:
• SPUD.CA (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery)- residential and office deliveries in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton
• Be Fresh- 5 market/cafes within the city of Vancouver, and our Be Fresh commissary services
• Blush Lane Organic Market- 4 markets, and a Farmer’s Market location in Calgary and Edmonton
• The Juice Box- healthy (and delicious!) fresh pressed juices and nut milks
Applications for all companies, except for Blush Lane Organics, are centralized through the SPUD Careers site. To apply for Blush Lane please see their Careers site.
Our values include:
• Fight to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
• Have Passion for Sustainable Food
• Be Open to the Perspective of Others
• Learn, Grow & Win as a Team
• Be Scrappy and Own It
• Find the Fun Together
We are also a proud certified B Corporation- a new kind of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.