Produce Stocker Full-timeProduce Stocker Full-time job in Vancouver
Vacancy has expired
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for a Full-time Produce Stocker for our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Tuesday- Saturday (Tues-Fri 9:00AM-5:30PM, Sat 7:30AM-4:00PM)
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Maintain stock levels on the pack line of all produce items
- Maintain a consistent focus on produce quality, through proper rotation, storage, handling & culling.
- Set up and/or tear down the produce line at the beginning/end of the pack.
- Proactively plan for replenishment, through anticipation, action & effective communication
- Assist Produce Receivers by keeping the produce cooler clean & well organized
- Assist Produce Prep team, as required
- Other duties as assigned
How your success will be measured
- Waits, shorts & subs
- Produce quality errors
Our compensation package consists of
- $13.35 per hour to start, as per Collective Agreement
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- Two weeks' vacation for one year of employment (4% accrual)
What you'll need
- Experience working with produce is an asset
- Passion for quality food and the customer experience
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken & written English
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-first mentality
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes
- Comfortable with continuous heavy lifting (50lbs+)
- Comfortable working in a cooler throughout shift
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.