Account Manager job in Brattleboro
Role: Account Manager
We are looking for a charismatic Account Manager to identify and nurture great client relationships. You will be responsible for advocating for your clients’ needs within Mondo’s marketing and creative teams. You will strategize, both with the client and with your coworkers, the best ways to achieve your clients’ business goals. You will also evaluate potential new clients.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with an interest in strategy, with experience delivering exceptional, customized service to clients. This person will be positive and driven when opportunities are found, while remaining unruffled and efficient when problems arise. This person is always searching for ways to grow accounts, so long as the growth brings the client closer to their business objective. This person is not afraid to lean into conflict, and is comfortable saying “no” to requests that are outside of the scope of the contract or in contradiction to client business objectives.
- Build trusting, growth-focused relationships with clients
- Lead clients in defining and focusing on business goals
- Understand clients’ business problems and provide solutions
- Advocate for clients to ensure strategy, creative and marketing efforts are always framed within the overarching objective(s)
- Seamlessly integrate with product/service teams
- Grow size and scope of accounts
Onboard New Accounts
- Assist sales team in assessing new business leads.
- Clearly communicate Mondo’s capabilities and client-facing processes to manage expectations, both of the client and our production teams.
- Evaluate and consult on the short and long-term business objectives of potential clients.
Nurture Existing Accounts
- Maintain detailed account records for accurate reporting and compliance.
- Create strategies for growing existing accounts by identifying opportunities where Mondo can help the client grow and bring them closer to their business objective.
- Continually devise ways to improve clients’ marketing plans, while regularly monitoring progress toward goals and working with internal strategists.
- Act as point person for existing accounts, advocating as a client stakeholder to aid internal teams in meeting service requirements and ensuring a consistent, personalized experience for managed accounts.
- Work with Production and Project Managers to translate sold projects and services into actionable production schedules, budgets, and to ensure smooth project execution.
- Assist specialists and analysts in preparing performance reports. Present reports to clients. Identify opportunities in reports for improvement.
- Plan Account Portfolio Strategy
- Collaborate with company leadership to create efficient lead assessment and handoff processes.
- Report to operations on identified trends, opportunities, and long-term account needs to inform company sales strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Administration or Communications) or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, or Customer Service experience.
- Exceptional communications ability in-person, on the phone, and through email.
- Experience with modern CRM tools, like Salesforce, or similar.
- Understanding of digital marketing, including common channels, tactics, and goals.
- Experience reviewing and presenting marketing reports.
Things you must be
- A fast learner –– the marketing and creative industries move quickly and you must thrive in that fast-paced environment.
- A team player –– you represent your client in internal discussions and decisions, working with service managers to make meaningful compromises and communicate the value of these decisions to your client.
- Organized –– you keep a close watch on schedule, scope, and quality, and know what to look for to meet your client’s needs.
- Effective mediator and leader of discussions –– you can efficiently resolve conflict and focus your client on the end goal if they lose focus.
- Reliable, empathetic, and trustworthy
- Attentive, observant, and self-motivated
- A consistent collaborator
- Excellent with sales
- Proficient with the use of technology
- Familiar with the principles of marketing and content development
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- A contributor to building strong Vermont communities
Mondo Mediaworks, Inc. is a digital marketing agency based in Brattleboro, Vermont. We specialize in creative content for the web, and use integrated strategies to turn consumers into happy customers.
Our mission at Mondo Mediaworks is to build community through economic development. As a small business, we’re proud to play a big role in our thriving local community by providing quality jobs and supporting the people and organizations around us. Additionally, Mondo Mediaworks is a Certified B Corporation®. We’re committed to using our business as a force for good by prioritizing the social and environmental performance of our business in addition to its financial performance.
Both a resume and cover letter are required in this application.