Software Developer job in Ventura
Job Title: Software Developer
Reports To: Development Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
The Software Developer is responsible for the entire application lifecycle of several key in-house software systems. The application lifecycle includes helping to gather requirements, write detailed functional/technical design specifications, testing, and implementation of enhancements and bug fixes. Development tasks will range from small tasks to large-scale projects that can span many months. The Software Developer will take pride in delivering solutions using best practices that are scalable, sustainable, reliable and perform well. Team work and collaboration are core values and forming positive, constructive cross functional partnerships are key to success in this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Strong software developer skills, Java experience preferred or equivalent experience in an object-oriented development language
- Ability to own the entire application lifecycle process, including requirements gathering, designing, code development, testing and implementation of software code enhancements and bug fixes to various key systems.
- Ability to support multiple systems from a technical and enhancement standpoint.
- In conjunction with technical retail operations develop technical specifications, as appropriate, to satisfy software enhancements and bug fixes.
- Interact with software vendors in the technical management, testing and deployment of software code fixes for application enhancements or bug fixes.
- Author technical design documentation that fully defines all application code and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
- Write and conduct unit tests to verify the functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of developed or enhanced software code. Develop and initiate design changes or enhancements as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement release and build schedules with the appropriate department and coordinate with other technical personnel as necessary.
- Estimate required time and resources to complete assigned projects or tasks and plan accordingly so that projects are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Perform technical work requiring experience in the application of standard techniques and procedures in carrying out tasks (i.e. the SDLC programming methodology).
Other Job Functions
- Use SQL for adhoc database programming fixes/modifications as dictated by enhancement/modification objectives.
- Keep technical knowledge and competency up to date and current with systems that are supported.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other technical teams supporting other systems.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
- Available for support calls 24/7 on an as needed basis.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years programming experience in Java, C/C++, C# or VB.NET or related object-oriented programming language in a Windows environment.
- Strong technical background in implementing solutions written in Java or related object-oriented programming language.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database structures.
- Software IDE (debugging) experience (Eclipse).
- Version control experience (GIT).
- Project Management Software experience (TFS/VSTS).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player with a commitment to success.
- Able to work well under pressure and with multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to work on long-term projects and day-to-day program maintenance responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- PTC’s PLM experience a plus.
- Workday integration experience a plus
- AX / D365 experience a plus.
- Apparel experience/knowledge a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.