Internship Kp Scholars Undergraduate Oncology job in Portland
NOTE: This position is only open to recipients of a Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholarship who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing pre-medicine studies to become a physician.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Oncology Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; PowerPoint production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Women’s health/survivorship focused Thriving after Cancer event
- Survivorship care plans (delivery methods in various depts).
- Melanoma, CRC, Gyn Onc, and lung MDCs
- Bringing High Risk Clinic to fruition
- Creating a roadmap for bringing on heme research studies
- Survivorship clinic
- CoC Annual Report
- Must be a Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholar currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing pre-medicine studies to become a physician
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Project coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.