Internship Kp Scholars Undergraduate Specialty Care job in Portland
NOTE: This position is only open to recipients of a Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholarship who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing pre-medicine studies to become a physician.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Specialty Care Administration Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; PowerPoint production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate conversation between our clinic and contact center leadership to identify and formalize appointing workflows, and then translate this information into user-friendly guidelines for our front line staff
- Work within the Northwest TeleHealth Center and with our clinic partners in up to 11 different medical office buildings
- Work closely with Specialty Care Department Administrators, Physician Chiefs, Contact Center Managers, Supervisors, Project Managers, Training, and front-line staff
- Must be a Kaiser Permanente Health Care Career Scholar currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing pre-medicine studies to become a physician
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Project coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.