Internship Undergraduate Accounting job in Portland
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Accounting Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Accounting Intern will have an active role in decision making for the project, as well as engage in the following tasks:
- Learn the components required for an effective process document
- Perform walkthroughs of the processes to ensure documentation is sufficient
- Collaborate with administrative staff in other departments
- Establish a constructive system for cataloging the electronic product
- Assist with updating the Accounting webpage with the NWP website
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Project coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.