Internship Undergraduate Care Delivery Analytics job in Portland
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Care Delivery Analytics Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates. Projects may involve predictive modeling support, developing operating plan dashboards for Specialty Care departments, or developing supply/demand models by location for Specialty Care departments. The dashboard will contain metrics from key perspectives: Quality, Service, Access, and Affordability.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in identifying the metrics that will be reported on the dashboard, including detailed specifications, and designing the visualization/format
- Work with analyst subject matter experts on other analytical teams to coordinate landing the data in a specific format in oracle tables so that key metrics will be automatically populated in the dashboard
- Write SAS and SQL logic to land data in a specific format in oracle tables for metrics that are supported by CDA
- Develop the report in Cognos and schedule it to automatically be updated monthly
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or technical field (examples include statistics, business, math, computer science, informatics)
- Experience programming in SQL and/or SAS
- Experience developing reports using BI-Tools
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.