Internship Undergraduate Communications job in Portland
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Communications Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates.
The Communication Department Intern will serve as a key member of NWP’s communications team, helping with several strategic projects, including the physician careers website, a new brand strategy for NWP (which has both internal and external components). NWP’s storied history as an innovator in the Pacific Northwest, and positioning the company as a Best Place to Work. In addition, the intern will assist his/her communications colleagues with other key projects, such as the weekly and monthly newsletters and leadership meetings.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
- Assist with the implementation of the NWP Brand Strategy, which includes coordination support, communications planning, and rewriting of material
- Permanente History audit/coordination to support NWP contributions to Smithsonian exhibit
- Support external affairs with development of Public Relations/speakers’ bureau and compile research on forums for publications and events – organizations, contacts, submission process, etc.
- Annual fresh of Admin Team Overview guide
- General support and other duties as assigned; support other functions of the communications and regional admin team
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
Proficient writing and editing skills
Project coordination skills
Basic knowledge and experience interviewing and completing research
Marketing communications training and experience
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Third- or fourth-year undergrad or grad student preferred; pursuing and/or received degree in communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Marketing communications training and experience
- Experience with social media (strategy, implementation on various channels)
- Experience working with and/or interviewing executives or leaders
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.