Internship Undergraduate Employee Relations job in Portland
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Human Resources Employee Relations Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; PowerPoint production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates. Primary responsibilities will be assisting and supporting the Employee Relations/HR Business Partner Consulting team in coordinating review processes in the new HealthcareSource Performance Manager system during the busiest season for performance and talent reviews.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Create employee performance review documents information by accessing various performance reporting systems and websites to obtain data.
- Analyze data to create a summary page(s) and collate review packets.
- Create and update Excel spreadsheets with applicable data for talent reviews and other reports.
- Use the new HealthcareSource Performance Manager system to monitor review processes.
- Provide technical and administrative support during performance review processes.
- Assist employee relations team and operational leaders with coordinating review meetings.
Talent Review Meetings (Pre-Senior and Senior)
- Provide project coordination to support the Talent Review meetings and support HR Consultants to achieve desired outcomes.
- Prepare materials needed for the Talent Review Meetings.
- Provides administrative and technical support to the Human Resources department on a variety of other functions.
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
Proficient writing and editing skills
Project coordination skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Self-motivated and able to work independently
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.