Internship Undergraduate Medical Informatics job in Portland
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available, to support the Department of Medical Informatics, beginning June 20th. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assistance with the Emergency Department Optimization planning
- Assistance with Inpatient Coding project
- Creating a website for our Champion Program
- Assistance with Camtasia training video creation
- Assistance with preparing for the 2019 Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect upgrade
- Physician and clinician optimization
- Virtual care efforts
- Project Coordination for other projects that may arise
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.