Internship Undergraduate Primary Care job in Portland
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2018 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 20th in our Primary Care Administration Department. This is a temporary internship position not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; PowerPoint production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; and website updates. During this internship you will support our Primary Care administration department with a focus on promoting diabetes prevention and weight management especially targeting the at risk African American population.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with Kaiser's Community Benefits department to organize and coordinate KP nights with safety clinics, blood pressure checks and/or cooking classes with churches, health day forums at community events sharing Kaiser swag and economic and culturally sensitive recipes
- Work with Primary Care clinics to attend their group meetings
- Present resources available to clinicians and staff for patients regarding diabetes and weight
- Work with clinics to put up posters in exam rooms promoting new Health and Wellness website for patients
- Assist with organizing pilots for "walk with your doc" group sessions or walking appointments
- Other duties as assigned such as updating a regional list for those clinicians that handle lacerations, injections or birth control insertions
- A college student of any age or background having completed at least 31 credits and enrolled the previous semester.
- Experience with Visio for creation of workflows
- Experience with Adobe to assist with drafting flyers and other materials
- Computer and typing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good customer service skills/experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.