Quality Director job in Chicago
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
As the Quality Director you will be responsible for ensuring we consistently deliver world class product quality for one of the fastest growing, premium consumer goods companies in North America.
This position and works closely across functions and product categories to identify, diagnose and correct all quality concerns. The Quality Director is responsible for managing quality throughout the lifecycle of our products including during product development, commercialization and on-shelf. You will also be responsible for leading quality, and the Chicago based quality team, across our network of contract manufacturers, strategic raw material suppliers and all elements of quality within Method’s LEED platinum state of the art Chicago manufacturing plant.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the consumer products industry, ideally the cleaning and personal care industries, and will have proven success driving quality throughout key stages of the new product development process. He/she will be fluent in root cause analysis, six sigma processes and audit methodology. This position reports to the Senior Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain located in the Chicago Pullman area where plant is located.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Quality Director will:
- Lead and set priorities for quality initiatives across product categories and throughout the product lifecycle
- Lead the growth and development of the Quality team including the Quality Manager and Specialist
- Establish companywide quality goals and metrics
- Communicate quality goals and progress across key areas of the business including sales, marketing, operations and leadership team
- Provide onsite representation for new product start-ups at contract manufacturers
- Manage document control system and ensure system product and specification data integrity
- Lead and drive results of the corrective action program and accurately track cost of quality
- Evaluate and audit current and potential vendors and oversee ongoing continuous improvement of vendors
- Participate in cross-functional product development and commercialization teams
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 10-15 years experience in Quality and leading people in a CPG company
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing quality systems with a thorough knowledge of concepts, tools and methodologies of quality management (Lean, ISO 9001)
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong quality auditing background
- Ability to facilitate resolution of corrective actions and customer complaints
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to think and work independently
- Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends as required
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- B.S. degree in manufacturing, engineering or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
HOURS: full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing + Supply Chain Sr. Director