Staff Accountant job in New York City
Calling all skilled number crunchers! Warby Parker is looking for a Staff Accountant to assist the Accounting team on a wide range of projects. We’re seeking a self-motivated and ambitious individual with an eye for detail and an itch to learn. In this role, you’ll be a key player in helping achieve the department’s goals by supporting both internal and external systems and improving the efficiency of our processes.
What you’ll do:
- Own essential account reconciliations, including accounts receivable, prepaids, expense reconciliations (and much more!)—all while collaborating with a slew of teams across the organization
- Review company expenses and spending through variance analysis and determine monthly accruals
- Manage prepaid accounting by working closely with the Accounts Payable team to make sure that expenses are posted accurately and allocated accordingly
- Support accounting projects that will help enhance monitoring and efficiency capabilities and grow our business
- Work with our Senior Accountant and our Development team to process data related to the budget vs. actual analysis that lives in our construction management tool
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for the Accounting team and senior management
Who you are:
- Equipped with at least 1–2 years of general accounting experience within consumer products, retail, auditing or another related industry
- The proud owner of a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- A total Excel guru
- Able to check off a to-do list like nobody’s business
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently looking for new and innovative ways to work
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)