Laureate Australia consists of strengths-based educators, Torrens University Australia (TUA) and Think Colleges (TC), which live by the motto 'Here For Good'. Our ambition is to revolutionise the world of education, increase student employability and make a positive impact. Laureate Education Inc. is the largest Public Benefit Corporation in the world, which means Laureate is a certified force for good. We believe in the power of education to transform lives, and we put our people and students at the heart of everything we do.
Laureate Australia’s institutions are part of the global Laureate International Universities network, with 1,000,000+ students at nearly 70 institutions in 23 countries.
Employed by Laureate Education Services Australia Pty Ltd to support the operational functions of TUA and/or TC.
About the Role and what you can expect
The Project Officer will form part of a Retention Improvement Team, focused on delivering group-wide improvement initiatives within Laureate Australia and New Zealand’s high-impact student retention program.
They will work closely alongside Service Improvement Partners and the broader Retention Improvement Group, providing support in implementing, documenting, communicating and embedding retention improvement initiatives.
The Project Officer will bring innovative thinking around how to best communicate, align and engage our key stakeholders, acting as a champion to ensure that the business is engaged and focused on accomplishing the set initiatives to drive an exceptional student experience.
- Monitor and track project and program schedules, providing cross-departmental manager support to help ensure that projects meet objectives and are managed on time, tracked, reported, communicated, and meeting targets with risks managed
- Act as a communication champion and source of knowledge and expertise around retention improvement initiatives, building and maintaining innovative and strong communication channels, to ensure business-wide engagement and focus
- Support stakeholders with the implementation of appropriate project management and continuous improvement governance practices, processes and templates, ensuring their application on a consistent basis
- Manage required projects and initiatives end to end
- General project administration, including coordinating and supporting project meetings with agendas, minutes and action items
- Create training materials and delivering training as required
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with senior stakeholders, project managers and remote teams
- Demonstrated experience in project administration, continuous improvement and/or change management
- Ability to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data with strength in written reporting and evaluation of projects
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare high level reports and papers for publication
- Understanding of project methodologies, including project management life-cycles, deliverables, standard project tools
- Experience in developing training resources and delivering training
- Experience in education desirable
- Experience with digital collaboration platforms such as Trello, desirable
- Proven experience working with Agile environments, desirable
Want to be part of the Laureate Team?
Laureate Australia has a firm commitment to providing formal education opportunities to our employees and their immediate family members. We do this through providing access to tuition reduction benefit on courses offered at TUA and TC.
You can apply online where we will be reviewing all applications submitted as received. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.