Janitorial & General Help FT (Be Fresh commissary)Janitorial & General Help FT (Be Fresh commissary) job in Vancouver
Be Fresh, cultivated by SPUD.CA, creates healthy, pre-packaged meals with local and organic ingredients to bring our customers delicious, nourishing food. All of the action happens out of our Pender commissary, where our team can be found prepping, cooking, and chopping up a storm! The end product (think beatifully assembled salads, sandwhiches/wraps, zoodles, vegan meals, hummus...etc....we could go on forever!) is sold through our catering services, in our 5 Be Fresh retail locations, and SPUD.ca.
Be Fresh is looking for a Full-time Janitorial & General Help for our Be Fresh commissary (1114 E Pender Street). This shift is 6 days per week, 5-6 hours per day (evenings)
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Take the garbage out
- Do recycling and break down cardboards
- Sweep/mop to maintain cleanliness throughout and at the end of the day
- Clean the portable hand bag coolers
- Help in the kitchen performing tasks as required
- Organizing kitchen area and walk-in coolers/freezers as required.
- Fill in for kitchen crew and helping out other stations as needed
- Interior cleaning of facilities and general help.
- Light prep work
Our compensation package consists of
- $15-17 per hour starting wage range based on experience
- 20% discount on spud.ca and Be Fresh purchases
- Extended healthcare benefits (after the 90 day probationary period)
What you'll need
- Positive attitude
- Team-oriented in a fast paced setting
- Organizational skills
- Experience working in restaurant or food service environment is an asset
- Ability to handle fast paced environment
- Must be flexible, reliable, adaptable, consistent and dependable
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.