Production Floor Associate: First Shift job in Sloatsburg
We’re thrilled to announce the opening of our first-ever in-house optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York. As a vertically integrated brand, this lab is the next step in continuing to provide a remarkable customer experience, allowing for more sustainable growth across our supply chain. We’re looking for hard-working, positive, and overall awesome individuals to be a part of the lab’s founding team.
What you’ll do:
We’re hiring in all three of these areas! Let us know your preference!
- Print and fold work order ticket and place in job tray
- Pick inventory, including trays, lenses, and frames
- Operate frame tracer
- Final Inspection
- Use lensometer to measure lenses for proper power and ANSI standards
- Perform final visual QC inspection before shipping
- Responsible for identifying defects
- Packing and Shipping
- Kitting, packaging, and shipping of final products
- Print and attach shipping labels and invoice
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1+ year(s) of work or internship experience
- A team player, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Possesses a positive attitude and beams with great vibes
- A hard worker with a strong work ethic
- An effective communicator (both online and offline!)
- Pays close attention to detail (at an almost obsessive level)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8-10 hours and be able to push, pull, squat, bend & reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Fun and quirky!
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker (only for F/T jobs):
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)