Store Administrative Assistant job in Santa Cruz, CA
Vacancy has expired
Position Title: Store Administrative Assistant
Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for supervising others.
Reports To: Store Manager
Region: California Coastal
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Position Description: Supports the store staff and management with administrative and HR tasks, office maintenance, sign making, and marketing. Demonstrates honesty, integrity and the highest standard of ethical conduct. Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to a positive and supportive work environment.
- Demonstrates an adaptable and flexible work style, shifting tasks as priorities and circumstances change.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs and conditions of department.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as cooperatively within a team.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner. Responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
- Understands and follows through on verbal and written directions.
- Speaks up. Shares ideas and feedback that contributes to success of store and company.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company Vision, Mission and Values and sustainability program.
- Observes all company rules and policies.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Engages internal and external customers in a friendly manner, shares information, assists in locating resources, and seeks opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
Position Specific Functions
- Phones and Office
- Stay thoroughly knowledgeable of store’s voicemail system, update current voicemail info at each extension and maintain current store roster.
- Ensure there is always phone coverage by being the first telephone operator.
- Order and purchase all office, break room and store supplies.
- Maintain break room order and cleanliness.
- Use office equipment safely. Alert management of problematic machinery.
- Ensure efficient layout and use of office, as well as cleaning/managing the space.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail (U.S. and interstore) and faxes.
- Update bulletin boards/in-store communications, including all postings and flyers.
- Conduct or assist with research projects as needed.
- Maintain updated forms and packets for all staff and management.
- Sign Making and Marketing Support
- Process the token tally and send to Accounting.
- Process gift cards for donations.
- Support and assist e-card program, senior and loyalty programs.
- Take the lead with sign making.
- Prepare and maintain tags in store and communicate with Product Systems when necessary.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tag / price audits
- Maintain end cap signs, sale and food service signs, tags, flyers, price changes, and POS scanning.
- Execute printing of signage and promotional materials throughout the store.
- Assist with ensuring the monthly sales and promotional calendar is supported at all levels of the store to include signage, and marketing materials.
- Stay informed and engaged in carrying out store merchandising goals.
- Payroll and Human Resources
- Help management complete new hire paperwork with employees.
- Administer INFRA training programs.
- Make name tags, maintain lockers, mailboxes, discount cards, and keys as needed.
- Discuss timeclock, forms and basic policies with new hires.
- Help train new bookkeepers and administrative staff.
- Work with HR and Payroll on various confidential matters.
- Assist with activities around PTO requests, incentive awards, distribution of paychecks and loading of gift cards according to procedures.
- Coordinate employee contests (photos, ballots, postings, quizzes).
- Perform all bookkeeping duties (Admins must sign Deposit Bookkeeper job description).
- Attend department meetings and take minutes, as requested.
- Notifies department manager or Manager On Duty of any situations relating to customer service, safety, productivity, security or any other situation that may have an adverse effect on the store.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Store Manager.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Performs janitorial tasks in compliance with sanitation standards established by store policy and state and local health departments. Contributes to store cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment, informs store/department management of any problems.
- Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
- Frequent handwashing is required.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, scanner, laminator, TellerMate, baler, cart
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Friendly and customer service oriented, with an interest in food and cooking.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping or administrative experience required. Retail experience preferred.
- Basic to intermediate math and computation skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency required. Experience with Excel and timekeeping and payroll software preferred.
- Skills to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Skills to plan, prioritize and delegate work.
- Skills to train, coach and hold staff accountable.
- Skills to work independently, effectively manage own time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills to adapt to the shifting priorities and needs of a retail environment.
- Skills to exercise good judgment at all times.
- Self-motivated, with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills to collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and one on one with coworkers, supervisors and customers.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality around sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Ability to reliably meet required work schedule and adhere to company attendance policy.
- Light work level
- Continuously required to sit/stand at computer. Occasionally required to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift.
- Continuously required to: use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Occasionally required to: lift and carry 1-20 pounds; push/pull 1-10 pounds; bend/stoop; twist; reach at/above shoulder; reach below shoulder
- Seldom required to: lift and carry 21-50 pounds; crouch/squat; kneel; climb stairs and step stools
- Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments.
- There may be exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Work requires use of and working in proximity to common commercial cleaning agents.
- This position works on or around moving machinery or moving parts
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform and may vary slightly based on location. New Leaf Community Markets reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.