Store Leader, NYC Market job in New York City
A Store Leader at Warby Parker plays an integral role in laying the foundation for our retail business. All aspects of the store’s success will rest on your shoulders- therefore, a solid foundation of store management experience and exceptional leadership skills are crucial! You'll focus primarily on building a team of exceptional associates, executing processes and procedures that help us consistently provide amazing customer service, and ensuring that the store exceeds defined financial performance targets.
What you'll do:
- Understand and communicate Warby Parker’s values and brand philosophy to customers and staff
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll matters for all store associates
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency
- Coordinate periodic store events with Warby Parker marketing team
- Develop and ensure procedures are followed to protect the company’s inventory and assets as well as all activities related to risk management and safety
- Recruit great people, interview them, and select individuals that live our core values and will stop at nothing to serve our customers
- Provide initial and frequent ongoing training and development for all team members
Who you are:
- Innovative, proactive, entrepreneurial, and a team player
- Equipped with extensive managerial experience in sales, operations, and financial performance with a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- Firmly established as a top performer
- Into having lots of fun at work but unafraid of putting in long hours when required
- Excited about building and managing a high performing retail team
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Since all work and no play makes a dull day, we’re thoroughly committed to infusing our time with snacks, books, intramural sports, surprises, photo booths, and more. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can look forward to retail outings, do good events, and all sorts of other goodness.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Biannual team outings