Assistant Store Leader, South Congress job in Austin
Assistant Store Leaders focus primarily on supporting a team of exceptional retail advisors through your leadership skills and a solid foundation of store operations.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Store Leader in running an efficient and ever growing retail environment
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll matters for all store associates
- Act as in-store point person for POS troubleshooting
- Oversee inventory management and processes
- Oversee Systems and Operations team members in professional development, processes
- Provide initial and frequent ongoing training and development for all team members
Who you are:
- Team player, who also happens to be innovative, proactive, and entrepreneurial
- Proven track record of holding people accountable and establishing trust amongst direct reports
- Provide the absolute best customer service and continually provide direct feedback to associates on the sales floor
- Continually provide innovative ways to reinvent retail
- Understand and communicate Warby Parker’s values and brand philosophy to customers and staff
- Model behavior and attitude that reflect both the core values of the store and Warby Parker
- At least 3 years experience in a fast paced retail or customer facing environment.
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull day, and no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, and more. It also doesn’t hurt that the team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid Time Off policy including six paid holidays
- Quarterly team performance-based incentive program
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, and workday celebrations
- And more (just ask!)