Product Design Engineer Summer Internship job in San Francisco
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Product Design Engineering Intern to join our design studio in San Francisco to help us create great things. Our product engineering team is a strategic, hands on and collaborative group. We work across disciplines to develop very considered and unique products surrounding all things sleep. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about mechanical engineering and material science as well as crafting beautiful objects with great form and function. You are someone who understands customer experience, and how to design and engineer products to create those experiences.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper Summer Internship program runs June 11 - August 17, 2018.
When you're not catching zzz's, this is what you'll do
- Support the product engineering team in the development of future products.
- Brainstorm and generate concepts.
- Build and prototype concepts.
- Create and execute test and evaluate plans.
- Analyze and interpret performance data.
Our dream candidate has...
- Pursuing bachelor's or master’s degree in materials science, mechanical engineering or other relevant program
- Prior work or internship experience required
- Self starter, ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in consumer products, human factors, finite element analysis, and/or 3d solid modelling
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
The syrup on your waffles
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (kombucha on tap anyone?)
If you dream about this stuff this internship is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!