Facilities Steward I job in Norwich
Reports to Facilities Manager
Responsible for monitoring/maintaining the general appearance of King Arthur Flour’s Norwich facility. This is a Saturday/Sunday shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Monitor/maintain the general appearance of all public spaces
- Inspect washrooms for cleanliness, restock paper goods, empty receptacles as needed
- Light Maintenance Duties (including but not limited to): bulb replacement, furniture placement, spill clean-up as necessary, air filter changes, floor drain cleaning, sweep/mop/vacuum as necessary, empty/re-line receptacles, remove recycling, keep grounds, parking lot and outside eating area free of litter, dishes etc.
- Notify facilities team if there is a need for major repairs
- Assist with set up and clean up of special events.
- Seasonal snow removal/sanding on walkways and courtyard (?)
- Willingness to learn, take direction and follow through on assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to organize work and establish priorities
- Consistently demonstrate team culture, leadership and commitment to KAF mission and goals.
- Support King Arthur’s philosophy of exemplary service to both customers and co-workers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Willingness to receive training on maintenance request system
- First aid training/CPR a plus
- Familiar with Microsoft Office platforms
- Employees who drive a company-owned vehicle as part of their jobs will need to be subjected to both a post offer, pre-employment motor vehicle records (MVR) check and a DOT physical, in accordance with applicable laws. Employees cannot begin employment until KAF is satisfied with the results of both.
- For jobs requiring operating a vehicle or heavy equipment, KAF will take a close look at the candidate’s driving history. If an individual has a DUI (driving under influence) violation, driving to endanger violation, reckless or distracted driving violations or three (3) or more speeding tickets within a three (3) year period, the individual will likely be disqualified from employment in that position. Nothing in this paragraph is intended to limit KAF’s ability to make legitimate business and hiring decision and we reserve the right to disqualify the candidate for other reasons, including additional or different issues with his/her driving record than those stated before.
- Employees must complete King Arthur Flour driver safety training prior to being allowed to drive a company owned vehicle.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma
- 1+ years related experience
COGNITIVE, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time