Director Facilities job in San Marcos
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Director of Facilities will report to the Vice President of Operations and shall direct the management of facilities operations, ensuring that our university’s buildings, equipment and grounds continuously reflect our commitment to excellence in education. Build and lead an engaged facilities team through internal resources and outsourced vendor relationships. Help prepare and monitor the annual operating and capital budgets. Assist with the planning of facility infrastructure projects, and oversee work related to construction, renovation, maintenance and facility services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The Director of Facilities covers all aspects of facility management, master planning, real estate services, building and infrastructure design, project design reviews, design and construction standard development, and construction project management. Responsibilities of these positions include programmatic administration, coordination and management of projects, budgetary oversight, facilities management, and leadership of programs and services. Functions may include specialized architectural, engineering, site, and construction services; energy engineering; building code analysis; project scheduling, estimating, and management, acquisition diligence, and support of operations and maintenance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
- Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
- Manages real estate to ensure maximum return and profitability.
- Leads or coordinates construction projects such as developing a new facility; the addition, expansion or extension of an existing facility; or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management.
- Delivers, sets up, tests, and operates audio-visual equipment for organization meetings.
- Maintains equipment and troubleshoots equipment problems.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTSWill require travel to other USAHS campus 50% of the time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must have seven to ten years of experience in facilities operations, preferably in a university or large institutional setting.
- Ideal candidates will have previous experience with a union environment.
- Candidates must have demonstrated facilities management experience in a distributed location / multi-campus environment..
- A bachelor’s degree, plus working knowledge of engineering management, engineering systems, budgeting, construction, acquisition diligence, facility operation, and vendor management is also mandatory.