Marketing Associate, Kansas City job
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As the marketing associate, you will work closely with the startups to create and implement innovative marketing strategies. Your day to day will include content creation, designing pitch decks, social media, PR, partnership marketing, SEO and SEM, events, creation of marketing collateral (traditional and digital), and more!
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- BA in marketing and/or 2-4 years marketing experience – digital & traditional, PR, events and social media
- Experience in Keynote and in pitch deck design is key.
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including websites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
- Experience in digital marketing tools - utilizing Google AdWords and analytic platforms, mail programs such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp, blogging and blogging platforms, website creation and management. Design skills – Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator – a plus
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States.
- Currently live in Kansas City or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
Jay Kapoor - My Summer as a Techstars NYC Associate
Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
Anthony Marnell – Techstars New York: A Reflection
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with a market cap of $8.1 billion.