Governance & Compliance Officer job in London
Productivity & Innovation
We are looking for a Governance and Compliance Officer who is passionate about delivering excellent business results and who can enthuse 200 staff members with that mindset. You will act as the internal champion for governance and take the lead in supporting others to embrace the challenges and understand the rationale for governance; whilst at the same time getting to grips with the detail so Yoti succeeds in gaining some world leading certifications that will set the organisation apart. The ideal candidate will live and breathe great governance and compliance, combining a strong technical knowledge and curiosity for technical security requirements with strong business integrity. You will manage ongoing governance as well as periodic projects with tighter timelines (e.g. SOC 2 and PCI)
This is a highly varied role as your remit will span scaling up to meet both technical and security assurance standards (such as SOC2, PCI) emerging areas such as PAS 1296 (age verification) and PAS 499 (financial electronic customer due diligence), as well as a wide range of ongoing compliance - across operational business areas from health and safety, ISO27001, to anti-bribery, AML to compliance with ethical standards. Yoti is also a member of the BCorps movement and you will be responsible for both ensuring our compliance with BCorps requirements as well as maximising the opportunities for instilling best practise that arise from our work with bodies such as Responsible 100, DotEveryone, EU Compass Responsible Innovation Programme.
Excellence in compliance is a key way to support and drive Yoti’s continued growth, demonstrating to our users, partners, suppliers and staff that we are proud to conform to the standards expected of a company that places an emphasis on security and trust. Yoti principles and DNA are key to our growth and you will champion these in your daily activities.
- Take ownership and project manage our SOC2 audit process, liaising and managing our engagement with third party auditors along with other relevant standards and associated assessment processes, such as PAS 1296 and PAS 499.
- Take ownership of the BCorps ongoing review including supplier and other relevant third-party due diligence.
- Provide expert leadership on Yoti’s compliance with PCI Security Standards.
- Manage Yoti’s risk register ensuring the process is adhered to and proactively managed, including co-ordinating with the company-wide risk champions.
- Take an active role in the BCorps community and drive Yoti’s day to day and ongoing BCorps activities leading to successful renewal of our BCorps accreditation.
- Champion Health & Safety across the organisation and make sure each Yoti site is fully compliant.
- Review and maintain relevant controls, monitor their effectiveness and enhance where necessary.
- Act as the ambassador for compliance in Yoti’s Security Forum; making sure that our compliance requirements are high on the agenda in the decision-making process.
- Provide guidance and training as required.
- Report to the senior management team quarterly on governance and compliance initiatives and risks.
- Eventually take on compliance responsibilities in jurisdictions outside of the UK.
- Respond to requests that may come from Yoti Guardians Council.
- Change management and project management skills to build a strong culture that appreciates excellent governance.
- A history of working in compliance, with proven experience of driving a company’s compliance agenda and running successful intensive audits, such as SOC2, PCI standards assessments and/or similar processes.
- A passion for governance with a demonstrable, in-depth understanding and knowledge of the topic.
- Commercial ability - adept at striking a balance between compliance best-practice and the constantly changing business needs prevalent in a cutting-edge technology environment.
- Ability to sell a new process or requirement to those new to the organisation or skeptical. NB This is not just a “tick-box exercise” - you will drive genuine buy-in and understanding from key stakeholders.
- Strong ethical foundation, so that you can champion the consumer, act as a conscience and challenge those who may be tempted to cut corners.
- Comfortable communicating with people from across the organisation, dealing equally with senior management and junior employees with the confidence and charisma required to challenge where necessary, drive cultural change and fire-up the organisation on a range of crucial topics, which may not all inspire everyone instantly.
- A good humoured, diligent and patient approach with an eye for detail.
Positive - you’ve got a can-do attitude: you lift spirits, are friendly & fun, and try to always face challenges with a smile.
Transparent - you are open, honest, straightforward and considerate in your communications with people.
Committed - you never give up and find solutions where others see problems. You regularly go the extra mile, and encourage others to be as reliable as you are.
Collaborative - you’re both an active participant and listener. You’re respectful of others, communicate constructively and willingly lend a hand to help others when needed.
Champion - you’re a believer in Yoti, our purpose, and our principles. You give your best for the team and the product and you’re happy for the world to know it.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- 5 fully paid Selfie Days - for your own personal development: volunteering, charity events
- Brand new state of the art offices
- Large chill out area - we call it The Park - Table Tennis and Table Football Table
- Friday drinks
- Team Events
- Learning - conferences, events, course
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks we will check your details against fraud prevention databases.
We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
Pleases contact HR@Yoti.com to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.
If we consider that you might be suitable for other roles in the future, we will keep your details so we can contact you about these other roles. If you do not want us to keep your details for this purpose, please e-mail HR@yoti.com or let us know at any stage of the recruitment process.
For more information please read our applicant privacy notice.