IT Systems Analyst job in Reno
The IT Systems Analyst, will provide a broad expertise of system knowledge for Level 1 to Level 2 technical support to desktop, laptop, and all variety of systems at the Service Center. S/he is responsible for the coverage and coordination of the Help Desk in the I.T. Department. This position will constantly be dealing with multiple tasks, some of which will include but are not limited to: remote user support, new user creation, troubleshooting desktop and laptop systems, organizing follow up to calls that go to Level 2 support, documentation of standards and procedures in relation to desktop issues, logging calls in the Help Desk software, creating data, monitoring trends and presenting solutions to problems, and learning / assisting with support and functions of the iSeries system and other Service Center systems.
Technical customer service to employees is a major part of this position so this position requires a self-motivated person who enjoys working with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. They must be good at providing remote support over the telephone and in person, and be consistently positive, patient, and professional with non-technical employees, vendors, and co-workers.
- Provide specific coverage for the Reno LAN, Telecom, and AS400 systems. Cross-train in all DC/SC departments to better understand user needs.
- PC upgrade planning and implementation of user systems
- End User support
- Advisory role to other systems support personnel and coverage of jobs when necessary
- Client Access to AS400
- Responsible for answering and logging Help Desk calls. Responsible for providing Level 1 support to all such issues.
- Responsible for fielding Help Desk issues that escalate to Level 2 to the appropriate I.T. staff member. Thereafter, responsible for the maintenance and tracking of such issues.
- Must provide first level security checks and ensure proper use of corporate systems.
- Responsible for providing troubleshooting on remote desktops and laptop systems using network tools.
- Responsible for the creation and termination of user logons within the network and email systems.
- Maintenance of email accounts. Such responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: sizing, forwarding and out of office notices.
- Maintain the laptop checkout pool systems.
- Monitor and set up the laptop systems for all company travelers.
- Process invoices for purchases and participate in the budget process.
- Coordinate daily coverage of the I.T. Office with others on team.
- Participate in any scheduled weekend or backup coverage rotation for the department.
- Image systems and assist in PC rollouts.
- Assist in AS/400 operations.
- Organize hardware recycling.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for up to 50 feet.
- Occasional work under tables and on ladders may be required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Minimum 2 years general Help Desk experience at Level 1 support.
- Proficiency of Active Directory network administration basics.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and XP operating systems as well as Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of Macintosh systems.
- Experience with AS400 operations, Mozart and PKMS applications a plus.
- Ability to discuss and understand technical details and problem solving logic.
- Ability to demonstrate basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to create clear and usable documentation for all tasks performed in the position.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and excellent follow-up.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Casual and authentic culture
- Breakfast and lunch served daily in our organic café
- Onsite child care in the Truckee River Child Development Center
- Company-paid health coverage
- Vacation and sick time accrual, eight paid holidays, and “field days” to try out new Patagonia product
- 401(k) plan, company contribution to retirement savings plan
- Alternative transportation reimbursement
- Annual company ski trip to Mammoth (subsidized)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free yoga classes onsite
- Massage reimbursement
- Onsite package/mailing service
- Paid environmental internships
- Generous employee discount
- Voted one of the Best Workplaces for Giving Back 2017, Best Workplaces for Working Parents 2016, Best Workplaces in Retail 2016, and 100 Best Companies to Work for in America
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.