College Intern--Academic Advising job in Minneapolis
Walden University’s Academic Advising team is seeking a dynamic intern to join our team in Minneapolis. Academic Advising Intern assist in the workflow of our academic advisors by supporting students through phone and email contacts regarding university policy, procedure and related academic matters. The academic advising intern would also support special initiatives and projects related to the departmental objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The intern will assist the department in analyzing academic progress data to identify trends in student performance and target populations for intervention attempts.
- Support a broad range of other assignments for the Academic Advising department.
- Advise students on university policies and procedures, and related academic matters.
- Must have a strong commitment to education and delivering high standards of student experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Applicants should be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, and have an interest in student affairs, student development, higher education and administration, or academic counseling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and communicate with all levels of management
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office tools
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Familiarity with online learning and Internet technology a plus.
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds