Accounting Summer Internship job in New York City
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
Casper is seeking an intern to join the Finance Team this Summer. As our Finance Team takes on various projects, we’re in need of someone with baseline accounting knowledge, project management skills, and communication skills to assist us with ad-hoc projects.
This position is ideally suited for a student that is eager to put their forthcoming accounting / finance degree to use in a fast-paced, startup environment. With your help, the finance team will prepare an external audit while focusing on system automation and accuracy. You will be responsible for improving the completeness and accuracy of our historical financial data, and helping support the integrity of certain transactional data. Your passion for accuracy and tendency to dig deep into details will make you a valued member of the audit-focused team.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper Summer Internship program runs June 11 - August 17, 2018.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Create and update account reconciliations to support the monthly and quarterly accounting close
- Develop roll-forwards for balance sheet accounts
- Propose adjustments of historical balances to reflect the underlying transactions
- Assist the finance team in ad-hoc audit related projects and requests
Our dream candidate is...
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate accounting degree
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a desire to work in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Ability to work independently on projects, while collaborating with teams outside of finance as needed
- Previous experience on an accounting team is a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Free snacks and coffee
- Catered lunch twice a week
- Monthly rooftop social hour
- ...and much more!
If you dream about this stuff this internship is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!